How to use a Slideshow in the Theme Designer
Some themes give you the ability to add a Homepage Slideshow, an area on your homepage where you can showcase large clickable images for maximum wow effect!
Follow the steps below to create one:
- First create an image gallery in Profile > Galleries
- Select "Slideshow" from the layout option, click create and add however many images you want to feature in this area of your homepage. You have the option to add a caption and link
- Copy the slideshow shortcode
- Paste the shortcode into the Homepage Slideshow dedicated box in Profile > Designer
Pro Tip: You can use an auto-playing YouTube video instead of sliding images. Here's how:
- Find your desired video on YouTube and copy the URL which should be in the format of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaG8rpFIrPk
- In the embed code below, replace the url attribute with your actual video URL:
[YouTube url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIDEO_ID" teleport="false" autoplay="true" mute="true" hideControls="true" loop="true"]
- Copy-Paste the full embed code with your ID into the Homepage Slideshow text box in Profile > Designer
We all need a little help from our friends sometimes, and our support team are here to do just that. Email us on email@example.com or say hi directly via the live chat pop up in the bottom right corner of the user-end of your account.