"Timothy has a gift for writing melodies and lyrics - it just leaves us wanting a whole album" - Dai Jefferies, Folking.com
"Sunlight was a breath of fresh air, harmonies uplifting and giving you a reason to smile, a must listen." - Eric Furze, Stafford FM
Acoustic singer-songwriter, Timothy Hoad, is based in the heart of the Staffordshire Moorlands, but has played at a variety of venues and festivals all over the UK.
Using the natural surroundings of light, land and sea, and his love of fantasy as inspiration in his work, Timothy creates atmospheric memorable melodies using live looping techniques and soft harmonies.
Timothy first picked up the guitar and started writing when he was fifteen. Over a decade later, when switching his career from acting to his realised love of recording and playing music, Timothy released his debut EP ‘Sunlight’ in September 2018. Most recently, Timothy has released his pirate-themed single ‘Dance the Hempen Jig’ on all online platforms.
MOST RECENT NOTABLE PERFORMANCES IN 2019
- Northern Green Gathering Festival, 15th August, Derbyshire
- Gigi's Hoxton Underbelly, 31st July, London
- The Valkyrie Cafe Bar, July 26th, Evesham
- Yewstock Festival, July 20th, Stoke on Trent
- The Islington, July 6th, London
- Dubrek Studios, June 30th, Derby
- The Sugarmill, June 22nd, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent
- Loves Company, May 22nd, London
- The Lucky Pig, January 15th, London
OTHER NOTABLE PERFORMANCES INCLUDE
- Folk on the Dock, Royal Albert Docks, Liverpool
- Bridgnorth Music and Arts Festival, Bridgnorth
- West Street Live, Sheffield
- The Acoustic Lounge, Stockport
- Northern Green Gathering Festival, Derby
- Matlock Bath Music Festival, Matlock Bath
- Buxton Fringe Festival, Buxton