Such appropriate safeguards may include standard data protection clauses adopted by a data protection regulator and approved by the European Commission, such as the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses. Alternatively, where personal data is transferred to the US, many of those US third party service providers are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework approved by the European Commission.
To find out more about the standard contractual clauses, please visit:
To find out more about the EU-US Privacy Shield certification, please visit:
4. Web sites and browser cookies
When you visit our Websites, these analytics service providers may collect the following data, which will almost always be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to us:
– number of visitors to our Website
– pages visited while at the Website and time spent per page
– page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks and browsing methods
– websites where visitors have come from and where they go afterwards
– page response times and any download errors
– date and time of the visit
– other technical information relating to end user device, such as IP address, access status/HTTP status code, your operating system and interface or browser plug-in
We process this information to understand how visitors use our Websites and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access our Websites, and we aggregate this information whether most of the visitors to our Websites come from the EU or from elsewhere).
This processing is crucial to the running of our online business and we therefore undertake such monitoring in the pursuit of our legitimate interests in improving our Websites to provide a better service and source of information to visitors.
This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.
5. How we use collected information
We may collect and use Customers' personal information for the following purposes:
• To improve customer service
• Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
• To personalise user experience
• We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Customers as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site and to improve our Sites.
• We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services. • To process payments • We may use the information Customers provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service. • To send periodic emails • We may use the email address to send Customers information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their enquiries, questions, and/or other requests. 6. Marketing Our Websites do not contain third party advertising other than content from our hosting company or website builder where applicable. We may collect information about you in order to send you our promotional or marketing communications, such as; – Your name (first and last); – Your artist or company name (if applicable); – Your email address; – Your telephone number(s); and – Any other personal information that you may provide in a message you submit to us. While we do not permit third party advertising (or targeted advertising) on our Websites, if you do link to one of our social media platforms you may be subject to targeted marketing via that site. Purpose of the processing and legal basis for the processing Where we provide you with information about our products, services, offers (such as via our e-newsletters) or if we contact you for market research purposes (such as surveys and feedback requests), we will only use your personal information in this way in accordance with laws relating to marketing directly to individuals, and in the pursuit of our legitimate interest of marketing our business. If you have asked to be added to our mailing list, we will provide your details to a third-party company usually Mailchimp or Reverbnation, that helps us to produce and manage our newsletters. We provide these communications on the basis that you have asked to receive these. If you change your mind, you may opt-out at any time via the unsubscribe feature that appears in our emails. You may also be asked to opt in to receive updates or information about similar services from our network of trusted third-party suppliers or to receive promotional material, including vouchers or discount offers, from these suppliers. Who is this information shared with? We will not share with any third party the personal information that we obtain about you for the purposes of marketing, except for as stated in this policy and only where those third parties have agreed to make no independent or further use of that data and to maintain its confidentiality. Children We do not knowingly use our websites to solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13 or sell any of our products or services to such children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information or may be receiving communications from us or has been otherwise interacting with us via our Websites without consent of a parent or guardian, we ask that this be brought to our immediate attention. We will make it our priority to address this situation and delete information relating to a child as soon as practicable. In such an event, please contact us at 5 Nutgrove Avenue, Bristol, BS3 4QE or at firstname.lastname@example.org marking the communication as for the urgent attention of the data controller 7. Objectionable Content If you send us objectionable content or behave in a disruptive manner when using our Websites or other services, we may process any personal information that you have submitted to us, including in your personal messages, to respond to and stop such behaviour. Purpose of the processing and legal basis for the processing We will only process personal information in this way for the following legitimate interests: – Ensuring that the use of our Website is lawful; – Ensuring that Customers do not disrupt or harass our staff, clients or other Website users; and – Enforcing our legal rights and complying with our legal obligations. Who is this information shared with? Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of the law (i.e. the content you share on the Website amounts to harassment or is defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties about the content, such as: – Your email or internet provider; or – Law enforcement agencies. Where we process personal information in this way, we will hold that personal information on our systems for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve these objectives. 8. How we protect your information We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. 9. Sharing your personal information We do not sell, trade, or rent Customers' personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above and below. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes if you have given us your permission. Please see section 3 for information on sharing data outside the EU. 10. Third party websites Customers may find advertising or other content on our Site that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site unless they are one of our trading brands. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
These third-party websites operate independently from us, and we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third parties nor the availability of these external sites or resources. The appearance of such links on our Website is not an endorsement. Should you use any of these websites, such use is at your own risk and we would advise that you review their respective privacy policies. 11. Our Social Media Pages • Our websites may contain links to our social media pages on Facebook, Hootsuite, Reverbnation, Soundcloud, Instagram and Twitter. • These third-party websites have their own respective privacy policies (which we would advise you to read) for which those sites are solely responsible. • Should you visit those social media pages and choose to follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, Jumping Joint may receive personal information including: • Your name (first and last); • Your email address; • Your postal address; Your telephone number(s); • IP address; • Location data; • Social Media account url; • Your login details; • Your date of birth/age; • Your gender; and/or • Your general interests. Purpose of the processing and legal basis for the processing • If we do receive any personal information about you from these third party social media sites, we will not process your information for the purposes of direct marketing unless you have provided your consent, or it is otherwise lawful for us to do so. • We may use this information to find out more about our digital community so that we can better understand and serve our customers and website visitors (for example, to create bespoke content by analysing general interests). • If you have opted-in to receive such communications, please see our section on Marketing”. Who is this information shared with? • We may share your personal information with these social media sites to enable them to provide targeted marketing messages where you have indicated your agreement to receive these message, from them or where it is otherwise lawful to do so. • We will not otherwise share with any other third party the personal information that we obtain about you for the purposes of marketing, unless you have provided your consent, or it is otherwise lawful for us to do so. • If you would like us to delete the personal information that we have received about you from these sites, please contact us at Jumping Joint Ltd, 5 Nutgrove Avenue, Bristol, BS3 4QE or email@example.com marking your communication as for the urgent attention of the data controller. • If you not want us to receive further information about you from these sites, you should also contact the sites directly to turn off the ‘follow’ settings. • If you would like to have deleted the personal data that you’ve shared with the social media accounts that you have joined or that you follow, please contact the social media providers directly. Third Party Processing In addition to the processing that we undertake ourselves, we also use third party processors to collect, export, store and otherwise process our data, include personal data, on our behalf. The processors that we engage include (without limitation): Paypal Services (PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.)(Payment Services) Location: EU https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full Google LLC (for Google Drive) (Cloud Storage) Location: US (EU-US Privacy Shield certified)
https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active We Transfer (Cloud Storage and Data Transfer) Location: EU https://wetransfer.com/legal/privacy
Facebook, Inc. (Social Media Platform) Location: US (EU-US Privacy Shield certified) https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant_search
Twitter (Social Media Platform)Location: Ireland (for non-US customers) https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Instagram (subsidiary of Facebook, Inc.) (Social Media Platform) Location: US (EU-US Privacy Shield certified) See above for Facebook, Inc. EU-US Privacy Shield certification link
The Rocket Science Group LLC (d/b/a MailChimp) (CRM Tools) Location: US (EU-US Privacy Shield certified) https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TO6hAAG&status=Active
Google LLC (for Google Analytics) (Web Management Tools) Location: US (EU-US Privacy Shield certified) See above for Google LLC EU-US Privacy Shield certification link
Our Purchasing Sites (E-Stores, Merchandising and Ticket Sales) Type of information • Via our Websites, we may offer you the opportunity to purchase music of our featured musicians or to purchase tickets to our featured concerts, workshops and events. • If you chose to make a purchase, we may collect and store any personal information you provide when making this transaction, including the following billing details: • Your name (first and last); • Your company’s name (if applicable); • Your email address; • Your postal address (billing address); • An alternative postal address (delivery address), if applicable; • Your country location; • Your telephone number(s); • Login details (e.g Username and Password) • IP address • Your gender; • Your age; • Your payment details (including credit card number, expiry date and CVC). Purpose of the processing and legal basis for the processing • We collect and process your contact and financial details to provide you with our products and services for which you have placed an order. We process this personal data in order to perform our sales contract with you and to meet our legal obligations or legitimate interests as a music production, record and promotion business. • We may contact you about your purchase (for example with details on your tickets or your attendance at an event), and we may create and store a record of your purchase history. • Financial transactions via our e-store are handled by our third-party payment service provider. Occasionally payment may be taken at Jumping Joint and the provider which we use is Paypal, Music Glue, Bristol Ticket Shop or Ents24.. Who is this information shared with? • When you opt to make a purchase via our third-party payment services provider, we may share some personal information with them, and may receive some of the financial information that you provide to them.