Get Started: A welcome message from our Head of A&R
Welcome to Music Glue, we’re pleased to have you on board.
We’re a bunch of down to earth music lovers who want nothing more than for your act to succeed, so we’ve created a set of clever but easy to use tools to help you do just that.
The platform is so flexible you can use it to create your whole website, for free. Our sophisticated e-commerce tech is built-in, so once you get going you have the power to sell anything you want, directly to your fans, right at your fingertips.
It’s a no brainer, really.
You can click here to log in, but before you do, here are a few handy tips to help you get started...
HOW TO DESIGN YOUR FREE WEBSITE
1. Start off by adding some basic info about your act - your bio, genre and social accounts.
2. Under the Profile tab you can then choose your theme, brand and style your page using the designer - remember to hit publish! For more on themes, check out our handy How-To guides available for the Unplugged and Sound themes.
3. Next, make sure you populate your Side Bar; start collecting those precious email addresses with the mailing list widget, add links to all your social media or directly embed your feeds to keep fans on your page, it’s up to you. To get going, go to Profile > Pages > Add Widget. Find more info on making the most of your Side Bar click here.
4. Finally, write a few news pieces to further engage fans. To start blogging, head to Profile > Blog and again, remember to hit publish.
And just like that, you now have a free fully functioning website. Who knew it was so easy?
It is possible to get even more technical if you want to... using the CSS editor within the designer, you can customise your profile down to the pixel. And if you want to use your own domain name, you can do so with the Custom Domains App – click here to set that up now.
HOW TO CREATE YOUR ALL-IN-ONE STORE
* Sell Merchandise – firstly, install the Merchandise App, under the Apps tab. Then simply go to the Products tab to start putting your amazing products on sale. No merch yet? Why not offer Print on Demand T-shirts to your fans?
* Sell Music – once the Merchandise App is installed, you’ll also be able to set up and selling physical music products from the Products tab.
* Sell Tickets - Add your upcoming shows under Events > Create Events and start selling your tickets directly to fans.
* Sell Experiences – you can sell meet and greets, Skype calls, a pint with the band, whatever you like. These offers can also be created from within the Products tab, simply install the Experiences App.
* For a full list of all our features, click here.
* Click here to access our handy tutorials.
* And here are a few great websites to browse for inspiration:
If you need any help along the way, our support team are here to do just that. Email us at email@example.com.
We send weekly emails with platform tips, career advice, inspiration and festival opportunities, but if you want to hear from us sooner...
Best of luck and we look forward to browsing your website once it’s published.
Jon, Head of A&R