Facebook Pixel Tracking: How to use the Facebook Pixel on Music Glue
Get started with the Facebook pixelIf you’re using Facebook ads for your campaign, there’s one key tool you should start using right away to make the most of your social advertising budget: the Facebook pixel.
What is the Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook Pixel is a snippet of code that is placed on pages of your Music Glue profile. It helps you track ad conversions, improve audience targeting, and maximise your return on advertising. Using and understanding the Facebook pixel can be a bit challenging. You need to have some knowledge of how Facebook and Facebook Ads Manager work. You also of course need to have a Facebook account in order to create your pixel within Facebook. We've gathered some information that should help you get started...
What are the benefits of using Facebook Pixel tracking?
1. Build custom audiences and re-market: The Facebook pixels allow you to create audiences based on the actions your profile visitors took while simultaneously being logged into Facebook. You can create a variety of custom audiences, for example:
- People who visited any page of your Music Glue profile
- People who visited a specific page of the profile (order confirmation page, blog page...)
- People who have visited your profile in the past 180 days but have not been back in 30 days
- People who have visited a specific page on your profile but not another specific page
This way you can advertise to very targeted groups of people and create more relevant adverts. More info
2. Track conversions on your profile: A conversion is the completion of an activity on your profile by a visitor after viewing your Facebook ads. This can help you calculate your return on investment, knowing exactly what amount you've sold, and what you've spent on advertising. More info
3. Create lookalike audience: A Lookalike Audience is a way to reach new fans similar to your best existing fans. More info
How to Add the Facebook pixel to your Music Glue profile:
There’s no need to add any snippet of code to use the Facebook Pixel on Music Glue. We natively support the Facebook Pixel along with 6 of its 9 Standard Events: ViewContent, AddToCart, InitiateCheckout, Purchase, Lead and Complete Registration.
1. Go to the Pixel tab in the Facebook ads manager to create your pixel
2. Once set up on Facebook Ads Manager, go to the Music Glue App store and install the Facebook Tracking Pixel App using your Facebook Pixel ID
Frequently asked questions:
How to check if the Facebook Pixel is working on my site?
If you want to check to make sure your Facebook Pixel is working, download the free Google Chrome Extension, Pixel Helper.
Can I add another pixel?
We currently only have the ability to add one pixel per site. However, you can give or get access to it through Facebook Business Manager. Find out more here.
How do I track conversions?
Your conversion funnel could be something like this:
- URL contains /products/
- URL equals https://www.website.com/basket
- URL equals https://www.website.com/checkout
- URL contains /receipt/
Events are sent at various points too (like added to cart, purchase made etc).
We all need a little help from our friends sometimes, and our support team are here to help. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or say hi directly via the live chat pop up in the bottom right corner of your account.